For the last few years, Darren's friend, Todd, has asked him if he's interested in doing the Salt to Saint Relay. This year, Darren didn't just say yes but said yes for me too!!
Salt to Saint is a relay starting in Salt Lake and ending in St. George - 400 plus miles, 24 legs.
We had a team of 8 and we each had 3 legs to complete and could ride as many other legs with other team mates.
We started Friday morning and rode all day and through the night and finished before lunch on Saturday morning.
I did legs 5, 10 and 21 which was around 55 miles total.
Darren did half of legs 2 and 3, leg 5 with me, 13, the climb on leg 18 which was almost 60 miles.
It was a lot of riding in the car and not sleeping . . .
After the race, we were able to shower and get cleaned up and go to the Saint George Temple Open House. It was so beautiful inside - amazing deep colors and lots of nods to its historical roots.
I was absolutely done at this point. I was exhausted and just wanted to be home!!
Glad we did it, but not sure I'll ever do it again.
It was definitely an experience.















No comments:
Post a Comment