Thursday, March 7, 2024

Surprise Girls Trip to Dallas

Darren was the best husband ever and let me fly down to Dallas to hang with Nat and her sisters while they celebrated their mom.
Best part about the trip was that Nat didn't know I was coming!!
Maggie and I landed late in Dallas on Valentine's Day and went straight to bed at Elle and Jim's downtown penthouse.
Here's my morning view!

Then Nat walked through the door with Julie and she was so surprised to see me there!!
It was so great.

Then, after catching up, we headed out to get a good walk in to start the day.


Then we followed our walk up with a delicious lunch at Dream Taco.
It was a place that turned other food favs into tacos - like a Philly Cheesesteak taco, a sushi taco, etc.
We ordered a bunch of tacos and shared and just enjoyed being together.

Then we made our first of many visits to Andy's . . . too delicious for words.

The next day we headed to Waco to visit the Magnolia Silos.
We had a great day of shopping, eating, and more eating.




Another day, another adventure awaited.
We started our morning at Buc-ees.
I tried their brisket breakfast taco - yum.
And I bought the boys a ton of Buc-ees treats!

We closed out the night celebrating Julie's birthday.
We had a lovely dinner and of course some Andy's afterwards.

On one of our many walks, Maggie made friends with the long horns that are right outside of Nat's neighborhood.

We went on another fun walk on my last day.
It was a neat network of different paths.

And we did one last celebratory meal - we did a brunch and they cut the cake in half and sang 
Happy Birthday to both of us :)


It was just such a good time and I'm so glad I am friends (adopted family) with all these ladies!









No comments: